The solve* programs (for nearly any version of Windows) are suite of closely related programs that read your problem description from a file which must be named problem.csv (that is, an Excel-type comma-separated-value file, though the commas are optional). They write the output to another Excel-compatible file named solve*.csv (the asterisk will be replaced by the name of the algorithm chosen.)
Put both files in the same folder (probably your “Desktop”).
Double-click on the solver file. A solution file named solveS.csv will appear.
These programs are completely free for unlimited use unless you repackage them for sale, as a whole or part of a larger package. In such cases, please obtain permission from the author before selling the software. But feel free to use these programs for education, fun or profit in your normal work.
Some details you may need to know:
· These programs handle any shape or size of system, and handle singularity, ill-conditioning, etc.
· These programs allow you to add inequality constraints (to make the solution non-negative, for example)
· These programs allow you to add equality constraints (to make the answers add to 1, for example).
· You have a choice of nearly a dozen algorithms, depending on your situation.
· You can scale the equations yourself or choose an algorithm which does that for you.
· You can provide error estimates, for possibly better results, but they can also just be 0.
· These programs are strong algorithmically, and quite robust from a software viewpoint.
· The programs are very easy to use. Give them your hardest problems, and see the results!
Now, to get started:
· Click here to learn how to set up your input.
· Click here to see details on choosing which solver to use (and how to download).
· Click here to see details on the output format you will see.